- Stamp Set: Merry Mistletoe
- Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
- Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive and Glossy Paper
- Misc: Big Shot, Holly Embossing Folder, Old Olive 1/8” Sheer Ribbon, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponges
- Real Red: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”; 4 1/8” x 3 1/8”
- Basic Black: 5 ¼” x 4”
- Old Olive: 5 1/8” x 3 7/8”
- Glossy: 4” x 3”
- Take your glossy paper, and add color using your Stampin’ Sponges and Real Red and Old Olive Ink. You must do this step before the “soot”—you can’t add color after the soot step.
- Using a Candle (I used a taper candle, as it was easier to handle) or lighter, “burn” your cardstock—the flame will need to actually touch the cardstock to create the soot. Be careful along the edges—it tends to catch fire! Keep going until you have the desired amount of soot for your card. Be VERY careful with it – the soot is removed very easily with your fingers, the wick, etc! In the picture below, I was trying for just a touch more soot, and touched the cardstock with the wick:
- Once you’re happy with your soot, very carefully “stamp” – you’re not using any ink at all. The stamp with remove the soot, and leave behind the color!
- Once finished stamping, spray your piece with an Acrylic Sealer so that the soot stays in place!
- Emboss your Old Olive piece using the Big Shot and Holly Embossing Folder.
- Adhere your soot piece to the Real Red Cardstock.
- Wrap the Old Olive Ribbon around this piece – I did it 3 times—then tie a bow!
- Assemble your card. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere my main image to the card base.