Good morning!! I have a fun tutorial for you today -- a Shaker Card! These are so much fun, and so easy to make!
- Whisper White Thick: 6” x 6”, scored at 3”; 5 ¾”x 2 ¾”
- Night of Navy: 5 7/8” x 2 7/8”
- Window Sheet 5 ¾” x 2 ¾”
- Stamp large snowflake in Marina Mist, then small snowflake in Night of Navy ink, to create your own background. Make sure you stamp in a “close” pattern, so that you’ll see the snowflakes after cutting out the letters. You can also stamp more after cutting, if needed.
- Using the Big Shot and Large Letters Framelits, cut out the word “SNOW”—save the inside of the “O”
- Adhere the window sheet to the back of your stamped piece. Then apply the Foam Adhesive Strips to form border around your letters
- The easiest way I’ve found to get the glitter inside your window is to put the glitter onto the surface of the card, as shown:
- Then, adhere the stamped piece over the glitter
The holidays are just around the corner, and I have a wonderful opportunity for you! I am going to be sending out 6 Holiday Helper Projects that will not only put you in the holiday mood, but help you to enjoy a handcrafted holiday season. With each mailing, you will receive not only a picture of the finished project, but you will also receive a complete supply list with a step-by-step tutorial that shows you exactly how to do the project. But you can only receive these projects by joining my special Holiday Helper mailing list, so be sure to sign up today!
- Whisper White (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½”, folded in half
- Whisper White (banner): 1 3/8” x 2 ¼”
- Crumb Cake (strip): 1” x 5 ½”
- Crumb Cake: 4” x 5”
- Copper Foil: 3” x 3”
- Burlap Ribbon: 16”
- Layer three different sizes and patterns of the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape approximately 2” from the bottom of the card as shown.
- Stamp the fern image using Crumb Cake ink on the Crumb Cake cardstock strip, lining up one image above the next as shown. Adhere the cardstock to the far right side of the Whisper White cardstock base.
- Pat the Embossing Buddy on the Whisper White banner cardstock. Stamp “Happy Thanksgiving” from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set using Versamark ink. Sprinkle the greeting with the Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set using the Heat Tool. Cut a banner tip on the left side of the cardstock. Adhere below the last layer of Washi Tape as shown.
- Die cut the filigree pumpkin from the Copper Foil using the Thinlits that are part of this bundle.
- Stamp various ferns and springs using Crumb Cake ink on the Crumb Cake 4” x 5” piece of cardstock. Die cut the images using the coordinating Thinlits.
- Adhere the ferns and springs in an overlapping cluster to the right edge of the Washi Tape using a combination of Glue Dots and Mini Dimensionals.
- Intertwine the copper pumpkin between some of the ferns and springs. Tuck a few Glue Dots in areas behind the pumpkin that will not be visible from the front to secure it in place. You only need a few.
- Pull out three strands from the Burlap Ribbon. Holding two strands together, wrap them around three fingers. Gently slide them off, pinching in the center. Wrap the third strand around the center of the loops several times then tie in a knot to secure. Adhere to the base of the pumpkin using a Glue Dot.