My team, the Nacho Average Stampers, held our monthly Shoebox Swap on Saturday morning! Always a fun time -- these ladies are the greatest! Here are the cards they designed for the swap!
If you have any questions about any of them, just let me know!!
So, I wanted the Soft Sky to show up more in yesterday's card! So, I re-did it! I just swapped colors -- the lemon lime doesn't jump out at you so much, and the soft sky hearts actually can be see!! :-)
Same card as yesterday, just new colors:
My Inky Friends has another fun challenge -- a color challenge this time around! I thought it was a great combo: Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst. Colors are sometimes the hardest part of cardmaking for me -- I tend to use the same combinations over and over. So, I enjoy a new challenge every once in awhile! Here's how I used the new colors:
I had a hard time taking a picture of this one -- you can barely see the Soft Sky hearts! Oh well--I might need a photography class! :-)
Fun stuff I used on this card:
I really love this designer paper -- such great designs and colors for the men in our lives!! It's called True Gentleman Designer Paper -- get yours today!!
And, here are the supplies I've used for this one:
This was a fun card I found on Brian's blog! I love these birds, and when I saw his fun card, I knew the ladies would love it! I used the Petal Passion Designer Paper for my card!
Here are the supplies I've used:
Our new club met this past Sunday -- my goodness, what a great time we had! Thank you to all the ladies that came -- it was so nice seeing you!!! Can't wait for February!!
This is one of the cards we made -- featuring the Heart Happiness Stamp Set from the Occasions catalog:
Here are the supplies I used:
I hope you've enjoyed this week of Petal Palette! This is a fun suite -- love how Stampin' Up! makes it so easy for us to coordinate products! If you'd like to order, please use Hostess Code SXAGYSD3. Thanks!
This last card is one of my favorites! I love the Berry Burst and Black!
- Whisper White CS: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; 2” x 5 1/2”
- Basic Black CS: 4” x 5 1/4"
- Berry Burst CS: 1” x 3”
- Petal Passion DSP: 2” x 5 1/4”
- Ribbon: 6 1/2"
- Score Whisper White cardstock at 4 ¼” then fold to form card base.
- Run Basic Black through Big Shot using Petal Pair embossing folder – embossing the stems on the left side of cardstock.
- Adhere Petal Passion DSP to right side of embossed Basic Black piece.
- Add ribbon down middle covering the DSP edge. Adhere unit to card front.
- Die cut 3 ‘leaf stems’ using Petals & More Thinlit dies and Big Shot. To get the longer stem, you will run through twice – letting the end and the top of die ‘hang off’ the edge of the platform. Adhere stems using Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Die cut the label using Berry Burst cardstock. Cut in half.
- Die cut 2nd label using Whisper White cardstock. Trim curved ends off the Whisper White label. Stamp sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Adhere Berry Burst label pieces behind Whisper White stamped label. Add to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Petal Passion Embellishments using Mini Glue Dots.
This is a fun combination! A very bold designer paper with Petal Palette! Love it!!
- Berry Burst: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", 4” x 3”
- Whisper White: 3-3/4" x 4-3/4", 3 1/2” x 2 3/4”
- Painted with Love Specialty DSP – 5 1/2” x 4 1/4”
- Fold Berry Burst card stock in half to create base.
- Adhere the Painted with Love DSP onto front of card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or adhesive of choice).
- Run 4” x 3” piece of Berry Burst card stock through the Big Shot using scalloped oval die.
- Run 3 1/2” x 2 3/4” piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot using Stitched Shape Oval die to fit inside Berry Burst oval.
- Use Black Archival ink to stamp flower image from Petal Passion set onto Whisper White Stiched Shape oval die cut. Color with aqua painter and ink pads. Add a touch of Clear Wink of Stella to the flowers and leaves. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere to Berry Burst oval die cut. Set aside.
- Rub embossing buddy on lower portion of 3 3/4” x 4 3/4” piece of Whisper White card stock. Stamp sentiment from Petal Passion using Versamark ink pad. Sprinkle Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder over top, shaking off excess and set with Heat Tool. Glue Whisper White layer onto front of card.
- Glue Oval embellishment to top portion of Whisper White layer.
- Make a bow from Calypso Coral 3/8” Shimmery Ribbon and position on card with Mini Glue Dots.
I wanted to share this beautiful card to show that you don't have to color in the flowers! It's just as pretty left black and white! (or in this case, Very Vanilla!)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 5.5” x 8.5”; 2” x 3” (for oval); 3” x 3.5” (for flowers)
- Powder Pink: 2.5” x 3.5” (for oval)
- Score and fold largest piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4.25” for cardbase
- Emboss front of card towards fold in leaf patterned Embossing Folder.
- Stamp “Thank You” in Memento Tuxedo Black onto 2” x 3” Very Vanilla cardstock, positioning towards top left. Die cut with 1.75” x 2.75” Layering Oval Framelit.
- Die cut 3-1/8” x 2-1/8” Layering Oval from Powder Pink Cardstock.
- Stamp flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black onto 3” x 3.5” Very Vanilla cardstock. Die cut with corresponding Thinlit Die.
- Adhere the sentiment oval onto the Powder Pink Oval and onto the cardfront
- Adhere the die cut flowers along the bottom right edge of the sentiment oval, allowing overhang
- Adhere 3 Glitter Enamel Dots along left border of sentiment oval.