This set really is a fun one! LOVE this sports/muscle car!! And the designer paper coordinates so well!! This is one of the cards we're making on Sunday for my Stamp Club!
Good afternoon!! I'm enjoying some warm coffee on this very cold afternoon -- it's 27 degrees here in Albuquerque!! That is downright frigid for us!! So, I'm staying in today, and getting things done around the house.
This is a card I created using the Fab Friday sketch as inspiration! I really do like this car! The whole stamp set is awesome, but I can't seem to get away from the car!! I'll have to work on that this weekend! haha!
And, all the fun stuff I used on today's card:
- Mango Melody card base: 11” x 4-1/4”, scored at 5-1/2” the folded in half plus pieces that are 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” and 4-1/2” x 4”
- Blueberry Bushel: 3-3/4” x 5”
- Whisper White: 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” plus scrap about 1” x 4”
- Blueberry Bushel washi tape: about 3”
- Run Mango Melody card base through Maps Etc. Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder using Big Shot. Set aside.
- Trim three smaller cards out of the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack so two pieces are ½” wide on the long (4”) edge of the card and so one other pattern is ¾” wide. Using SNAIL adhere those on the Mango Melody scrap that is about 4-1/2” x 4” laying them down at an angle and making sure to leave a small gap between strips. Trim at an angle on one edge. Hold that piece down onto the larger Whisper White piece and mark it so you know how to trim the other end. Trim it.
- Holding that piece back down on the Whisper White align where you want the sentiment to go, ink with Blueberry Bushel and stamp. If you don’t adhere it first, you can always redo if your stamping goes awry. Once it looks right, adhere strip piece to Whisper White with SNAIL.
- Using Gray Granite stamp road map image onto Gray Granite cardstock and punch out with 1-3/4” Circle Punch. Using 2” Circle, punch Mango Melody. Using 2-3/8” circle die, cut out a circle from the Blueberry Bushel Memories & More card (it is the one with a white circle in the center). Adhere Gray Granite to Mango Melody with SNAIL. Adhere a strip of Blueberry Bushel Washi Tape across top of Gray Granite making sure to wrap it around back. Using SNAIL adhere that piece to the larger Blueberry Bushel circle.
- Stamp bicycles in Blueberry Bushel along bottom of the 4” Whisper White scrap. Trim so that it’s about ½” wide. Using Paper Snips trim to create an arrow. Using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere to top of circle piece.
- Adhere Whisper White larger piece to Blueberry Bushel base with SNAIL.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere circle to front of card so it is over the three diagonal strips. Also with Dimensionals, add Blueberry Bushel to card base.
- Apply Best Route Enamel Shapes to left of sentiment.
Today, I'm featuring a "fall" card using the Color Your Season bundle! I love anything with leaves!!
- Crumb Cake: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" (base card); 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Merry Merlot: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Cajun Craze & So Saffron: scrap for die cut leaves
- Emboss the front panel using the Layered Leaves embossing folder & the Big Shot.
- Use the two largest framelits to cut out the frame in Merry Merlot cardstock. Cut one small leaf in Cajun Craze and one in So Saffron using the leaf die.
- Stamp leaves on Crumb Cake piece using Memento Black stamp pad. Shade leaves in Autumn colors using the Stampin' Blends and the Color Lifter. Use the largest frame die to cut the Crumb Cake cardstock that you just colored.
- Place the Merry Merlot frame around the leaves using Mini Glue Dots. Add Dimensionals to the back and layer on to the embossed card front. Add the two small leaves on the right side using Mini Glue Dots.
My stamp clubs met last weekend--always a fun day!!! I had several requests for cards, and one was for a retirement! I don't have any stamps specifically saying "Happy Retirement", so I can up with this, using the Banners for You Stamp Set:
I loved the colors in the Nature's Poem Designer Paper -- and this card could be for a man or woman! Here are all the products used:
Today is the last day to order from the current catalog and the Occasions Catalog! Here are a couple more cards using some of the retiring items:
I'm going to miss all the designer series papers! But, I'm sure I'll grow to love all the new ones coming! (they are just as gorgeous!)
Have a GREAT day!
I follow a lot of blogs -- I mean A LOT of them!! One of my very favorites is Weeinklings -- Leanne is so talented! I love all her work! She posted this card, and I knew it would be perfect for my stamp club! We're doing a couple of fun fold cards, and I really needed a clean and simple card to round things out! My creativity was all used up, so I used Leanne's idea! I did add a piece of Very Vanilla behind the designer paper, but other than that, it's a complete copy! That's one of the many things I love about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator -- you don't have to do it all by yourself!
Here are the items used on this card:
This is one of the new Sale-a-bration items that was added this month! It's a fun set--love the backgrounds you can make with it! I paired it with the Myths & Magic Specialty Washi Tape! Imagine--glitter tape!! :-)
This is a great card for a guy -- even with the glitter!!
Items used today:
I really like this Sale-a-bration stamp set, Epic Celebrations! You can never have too many masculine sets, and this one is perfect because it can be more than masculine! Here's a fun card using the guitar image -- the colors on this card are more masculine, but if you changed the colors, you would change the feel of the card!
That Shimmery Ribbon is gorgeous!!! So soft and easy to work with!
Here are all the fun items I used on this card:
One of the ladies in my Stamp Club requested a boy's birthday card! I was so excited to "find" my No Bones About It stamp set! I had forgotten about this set, but really love it! It's such a fun set!
I CASE'd this card from Patsy--you can see her original HERE.
Here are all the fun things I used on this card: